Quantina Intelligence Forex Forum
Stay Constructive - Forex Expert advisors and Indicators - usage and settings -

Home » Quantina Intelligence Products » Quantina Forex News Trader EA » Help - with Default Settings - Active Trade
icon10.gif  Help - with Default Settings - Active Trade [message #1098] Thu, 01 March 2018 12:52 Go to next message
jeko is currently offline  jeko
good day i live in italy
I hope you can help me
and the first time I use quantina forex new trader eaq7
I have problems with the settings

1) Best time frame.
2) default setting with my broker (active trade)
initialTakeProfit 200.0 = 2000 pip
initilalstoploss 40.0 = 400 pip
I changed 20.0 = 200 pip and 4.0 = 40 pip
I think it's not enough
breakeven default = 3.0 is correct ??? etc
pipsaway_of_previos_bars_tops 15.0 ???
trailng stop ????
all the parameters expressed in pip must be modified?

at the moment using the graph h1 has not opened any operation
Re: Help - with Default Settings - Active Trade [message #1100 is a reply to message #1098] Fri, 02 March 2018 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plexyroad is currently offline  plexyroad
Administrator
Hi Jeko,

initialTakeProfit 200.0 = 2000 pip
initilalstoploss 40.0 = 400 pip

You meant 2000 points and 4000 points?

All the rest of your settings are wierd for me... to ride.
BreakEven (Trigger or Lock) = 3 ? If it's trigger that is kind of a too tide again, also Add spread as well.
Especially at Active Trade - that is a very good broker, but for News Trade ... I suggest choose Real ECN type of.

I suggest you to run some backtest on each news events. In display mode, you can track / visualise the exact SL movements.

TimeFrame doesn't matter .

keep up Smile
Re: Help - with Default Settings - Active Trade [message #1101 is a reply to message #1100] Fri, 02 March 2018 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he2llo is currently offline  he2llo
Hi plexy i would like to write something here regarding news trader ea on the news earlier... cad news GDP m/m

At my terminal time 15:29, news trader put in the orders and unfortunately the spike happened at that time, M1 spike up and spike down, orders were triggered and not closed because breakeven did not hit and also it has an error message closing the trade. spike happened before the news release at 15:29 instead of 15:30 and ea cant close orders.... i am very disappointed....

plexy i remembered you saying that 15 pips away was the golden mile and you recommended me to not adjust the pips away, too close not good and too far away cant close with profits, today GDP news did that, 15 pips was too far and resulted in ea not able to close the trade and made me learnt a lesson by making me lose money....

I need an explanation for this... why ea got an error 3 message that resulted in not able to closing the trade??....
Re: Help - with Default Settings - Active Trade [message #1102 is a reply to message #1101] Sat, 03 March 2018 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi He2llo,

Adjustment of any settings are HIGHLY recommended IF you know what you are doing Smile
Yes, the 15 pips of PipsAway seems like all time Golden Middle, for LONG TERM.

According to Friday CAD news, could you upload some screenshot of the trade and/or journal and experts tab as well?
Thank you

By the way, do you know how to backtest the Quantina News Trader EA? Run a simple test with your same settings, I recommend in display mode (kind of a slow motion) to determine what's went wrong.

"One more thing..." Steve Jobs and Colombo Smile

At the very beginning use the EA (any EA) on a demo account first. Then I suggest using the News Trader EA on CPI, Employment, Retail Sales, GDP (q/q) news only, until you make enough profit to try other news as well.

Re: Help - with Default Settings - Active Trade [message #1103 is a reply to message #1102] Sun, 04 March 2018 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he2llo is currently offline  he2llo
Hi plexy,

Ok thanks i will backtest and adjust the settings accordingly

I could send you some screenshot of the trade but the journal and the experts tab i found nothing there at all, i can take screenshots of the journal and experts tab for you but there is nothing there.... I can only say there is a error 3 message when closing the trade on IC markets mt4 terminal, resulting in EA unable to close trade.... Pls check this matter on your end.. Is it because i am using the demo version of the EA?? Thks!!

Yes i do know how to backtest the EA.... I did run a test to find out what went wrong for the CAD news trade but then the news trader EA show that there is no news during the backtest... i am very puzzled, is it because i am using the demo version of news trader EA?? pls advice.... Thks!!

Yes i am using the EA or any EA on a demo account and yes i am concentrating on the really really high impact news that you mentioned previously in the forum.... CPI,Employment,Retail Sales,GDP q/q,NFP etc.... I am doing it step by step, one by one and not rushing it dont worry....

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Thanks!!

Re: Help - with Default Settings - Active Trade [message #1104 is a reply to message #1103] Mon, 05 March 2018 07:43 Go to previous message
Administrator
The demo version is almost the same as the registered version. (with all functionality)

Please, try to make some backtest. Force to learn how to backtest a news trader.
Once you are familiar with settings, and you able to backtest your strategy, you do not need my help anymore Sad

1. Upload a screenshot of your settings first.
Previous Topic: Active Economic News Events
Next Topic: free Forex signals via SMS EMAIL WhatsApp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 17:45:27 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01496 seconds