Quantina Intelligence Forex Forum
Stay Constructive - Forex Expert advisors and Indicators - usage and settings -

Home » Quantina Intelligence Products » Quantina Advanced MACD Indicator » Quantina Advanced MACD Indicator Settings (Tips and tricks with trading ideas)
Quantina Advanced MACD Indicator Settings [message #52] Thu, 30 April 2015 10:33 Go to next message
plexyroad is currently offline  plexyroad
Administrator
Coming Soon... Surprised

index.php?t=getfile&id=31&private=0
Re: Quantina Advanced MACD Indicator Settings [message #62 is a reply to message #52] Tue, 05 May 2015 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Released,
If you have any question, i'll try to answer to here....
Re: Quantina Advanced MACD Indicator Settings [message #65 is a reply to message #62] Tue, 05 May 2015 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew1982 is currently offline  Andrew1982
I have read a few strategy idea with MACD Indicator (2 line + bars version) , i just want an advice which is the best trading method with MACD?
Thank you
Re: Quantina Advanced MACD Indicator Settings [message #66 is a reply to message #65] Tue, 05 May 2015 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Andrew1982 wrote on Tue, 05 May 2015 07:05
I have read a few strategy idea with MACD Indicator (2 line + bars version) , i just want an advice which is the best trading method with MACD?
Thank you

I can give you some idea, however, my opinion is to do not make decision along with MACD Indicator. Use other indicators to.
MACD Indicator is quite alright in trend but can not (i can not) recognise the sideway movements.

Here is 3 typical trading strategy for MACD Indicator:

1. Positive and Negative Divergence
2. The MACD/Signal Line Crossover
3. The zero line crossover

Trading the MACD Divergence: (Risky)

It's not always true.
When the direction of the MACD is not moving in the same direction of the financial instrument you are analyzing. This can be seen as an indication that the upward or downward momentum in the market is failing.
Traders will trade the reversal of the trend and consider this signal particularly strong when the market is making a new high or low and the MACD is not.

Trading the MACD Crossover

This is the simplest way to trade the MACD as it involves simply watching the MACD line and going long when the MACD line crosses above the signal line and going short when the MACD line crosses below the signal line. For this reason traders will confirm the signals with other methods.
I'm usually using 200 Moving Average to confirm.

The MACD Zero Line Crossover:

This is my often use strategy. The MACD zero line cross over occurs when the MACD crosses above or below the line plotted at point zero on the indicator. When this occurs it is an indication that market momentum has reversed direction. The strength of the move that can be expected as a result of this depends on what has been happening in the market, and what has been happening with the indicator. If the market and the MACD are both coming off of recent new highs then this could be considered a strong signal. If the market is simply trading in a weak trend or range and the MACD has simply crossed from just above to just below the zero line, then this would be considered a weak signal.

index.php?t=getfile&id=41&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=42&private=0

Re: Quantina Advanced MACD Indicator Settings [message #561 is a reply to message #66] Fri, 17 June 2016 00:59 Go to previous message
brianyeefx is currently offline  brianyeefx
so if use the trade protector the 5 min MACD opposite signal can be used for exit....

anyone tried it..? hv a trade executed with trade protector and then use this macd at 5 min timeframe to show exit points.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 23 04:18:41 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01444 seconds