Quantina Intelligence Forex Forum
Stay Constructive - Forex Expert advisors and Indicators - usage and settings -

Home » Quantina Intelligence Products » Quantina Candle High - Low EA » Quantina Candle High - Low Settings (Trading Ideas including settings)
Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #54] Thu, 30 April 2015 10:52 Go to next message
plexyroad is currently offline  plexyroad
Administrator
Coming Soon... Rolling Eyes

index.php?t=getfile&id=34&private=0
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #60 is a reply to message #54] Tue, 05 May 2015 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Released.
If you have any question, i'll try to answer it here.
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #68 is a reply to message #60] Thu, 07 May 2015 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelcat is currently offline  Angelcat
When should i use and when should I not to use this EA ?

Thank you
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #71 is a reply to message #68] Thu, 07 May 2015 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
It's up to your settings Smile

My opinion is: better to use when there is a strong trend on the market. Have a look on the previous chart (EUR/USD D1) , with Candle High Low EA (or strategy) you could make profit in every day back in a week or more without negative trade.
My advice is: to use other indicators (trend) such as MACD or 200 days Moving Average Indicator to decide it.

Also, i would read forex news (fundamental indicator) to an extra confirmation. http://www.forexfactory.com

After the UK election today and US NFP news on Friday, I will use this EA on GBP/USD and EUR/USD for a while Very Happy
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #157 is a reply to message #71] Fri, 17 July 2015 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew1982 is currently offline  Andrew1982
NZD/USD is the best opportunity to use it Wink
I am getting closer to understand when should we use this EA .... there is a trend right now on nzd/usd after nzd cut the rates.
same situation coming on usd/cad or cad/jpy

Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #158 is a reply to message #60] Wed, 22 July 2015 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Imperial is currently offline  Imperial
Hello,

Max. SL is set for 100 pips, but on the info chart is 1000 to see. The same is for TP. All other settings like BE pips are the same in the EA setting and the info chart. In regard SL and TP which is the correct one?
Thanks
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #161 is a reply to message #158] Mon, 03 August 2015 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
I guess it's just in points instead of pips... what type of broker (and account) you running this EA?
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #164 is a reply to message #161] Mon, 03 August 2015 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use Pepperstone ECN
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #169 is a reply to message #164] Sun, 09 August 2015 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Sorry, i haven't see your replay just now....

So, that's okay, my one is Pepperstone (Razor ECN) as well and it's working fine. (so far)
and yes i can see that.. i've set BreakEvenLock = 5 pips .. but panel says 50 .... (probably in points) ... but it' working with 5 pips.

I would run a strategy backtest to determine how does it supposed to work. I'm running it on daily chart with small lot's however i've testing it on live account on Weekly chart Smile I guess it's sounds weird to hear that first time... but with 2-5 lots and just a few pips profit .... Very Happy
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #172 is a reply to message #169] Mon, 10 August 2015 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I assume this is in points, but I would prefer in a same style, either point or pips. As it is, it could cause some misunderstanding.
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #179 is a reply to message #172] Fri, 14 August 2015 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
I have reported that for the Quantina Support team.. i hope they will figure it out what happened.

Anyway, are there anybody tried this EA on different timeframes. I'm using on D1 ... quite alright... but 1 - 0 trades / per day Sad of course on every currency pairs but still not much.
I was going to testing it on H1, M15 and also on M5 .... between 7:00 - 13:00 (UK Time)

Thanks,
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #183 is a reply to message #179] Fri, 14 August 2015 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tried on several different timeframe, but i couldn't make this profitable for long term. The catch was on short term it is profitable on H1 timeframe (USD/JPY and GBP/USD) on London session.
I will stay on daily chart at least it's great. I have also started a new one on weekly charts with low breakevens (8/4) Trailing Sop = 55 pips, Lot = huge Very Happy, but i'm scaring of the StopLoss.

i'll let you know the results.
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #232 is a reply to message #183] Wed, 04 November 2015 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi Andrew1982,

Are there any result?
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #233 is a reply to message #232] Wed, 04 November 2015 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Plexy,

With your settings it was alright in October, thanks, but when i start to fine tuning the settings my profit is getting lower. I'm still not complaining, i just want to figur it out how can i set it for better results.

I have attached the full history

index.php?t=getfile&id=105&private=0

Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #373 is a reply to message #233] Thu, 07 April 2016 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Hi Andrew,

Sorry about my delay....
Send me your settings (latest one) first.
Also, the Candle High-Low strategy on Daily Timeframe worked better with fixed TakeProfit And StopLoss ratio without BreakEven.

For example:
TakeProfit: 50
StopLoss: 50

but, of course with BreakEven method our profit is secured. I would set the
BreakEvenTrigger to 40
BreakEvenLock to 20
TrailingStop = 60

EUR/USD - GBP/USD - USD/JPY
Re: Quantina Candle High - Low Settings [message #452 is a reply to message #373] Fri, 06 May 2016 18:42 Go to previous message
It is solved , cheers
Previous Topic: Start and Stop time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 23 03:42:50 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04815 seconds